The Project will produce the following results:
- Brochure – Chain Position Paper on I4.0, encompassing, in addition to the definition of I4.0 and its main defining elements, a discussion of innovation and I4.0, a review of theories of innovation and technological revolution and illustrative examples of the transformation impacting at the economy and society in general by I4.0 and particularly on SMEs.
- Battery of Case Studies – A collection of 8 prospective case studies of SMEs that in partner countries try to meet the challenges posed by Industry 4.0. The Battery collects the strategies and practices implemented in the context of the growing digitization and the challenges the new paradigm poses and the practical impacts on work, employment, skills and business models.
- Course: Strategic Digitisation of Organisations – The Course, based on a Manual for learners, is an innovative learning opportunity to empowering, extending and developing HE students and SMEs (managers & owners) knowledge and competencies, for assisting their role in meeting the needs of companies towards I4.0. The course is composed by five modules and organise in F2F sessions, including a practical Lab. Duration of 70 contact hours, 130 total hours and 6 ECTS. The scientific areas are Management and Engineering
- Strategic Guidelines – A concise and focused document for supplying HE organisations with relevant information for creating a new Curriculum capable of generating the new skills required by Industry 4.0 and notably by the European SMEs in the digital economy
- Interactive Documentary: Industry 4.0 – What future for European SMEs in the digital economy? – Web interactive documentary under a non-linear production that combines text, audio, films, photos and infographics. Aims to construct a discourse linked to the knowledge and reality of European SMEs in the digital economy. Being an interactive work, the narrative advances through the actions taken by the users through public interface. The viewer acquires control of navigation, in a way becoming the author or creator of its own personalized documentary and this way giving meaning and building own learning and reasoned opinion on the subject. The interactive documentary, by its very nature, will be only freely accessible online via the project website and in five languages (PT; BG; FR; DE and EN).
- An exploitation Compendium (with pen) for handing out to interested stakeholders, target audience and policy makers, a way to enhance the sustainability of the project and its main outputs. To be available in PT; BG; FR; DE and EN. It includes four of the Chain outputs – O1 Brochure – Chain Position Paper; O2 Battery of Case Studies; O3 Course – Strategic Digitisation of Organisations (with Manual) and O4 Strategic Guidelines – offering a new HE Curriculum about Industry 4.0.